Monday, August 2, 2010

San Antone!

Just a few words to let everyone know that I'm doing very well here in San Antonio!  There are currently five of us new missionaries here, and I am really enjoying getting to know the other girls.  Today was our first day of orientation, so we haven't done too much yet, but I definitely feel that I am in the right place.  We got to hear from the Congregational Coordinator of the Sisters of the Charity of the Incarnate Word today, and she is a spectacular woman.  She is the highest-up person in the congregation and still lives in the Visitation House, which is a house of hospitality for women and children who have nowhere to go.  She also studies and teaches feminist liberation theology and mujerista theology, which looks at Latina women in the Church.  She is very charismatic and I have a very good impression so far of the incarnational spirituality!  Here are a few words she shared with us; it is an excerpt from their foundational letter, sent by a bishop to a congregation in Europe requesting their service.  I believe it is truly a call to all of us and is, indeed, the call I am seeking to answer!

"Our Lord Jesus Christ, suffering in the persons of a multitude of the sick and infirm of every kind, seeks relief at your hands." -Bishop Claude Marie Dubuis, 1866

Otherwise, it is very hot here in San Antonio and we walked around downtown a bit this afternoon.  We are staying at a retreat center very close to downtown and our evenings are very open so it is nice to have lots of time together as a community!  

I miss you all and I thank you for keeping me in your prayers!  

Peace, laughter, and all good things.



No comments:

Post a Comment