Saturday, July 31, 2010

last days in Nebraska

Today is my last full day in Nebraska.  The house is quiet right now, which is the only reason I am spending any time on the computer!  I was journaling a bit earlier this morning a few thoughts on leaving and thought I would share a few.

 I feel very sad right now about leaving, and I really have no idea how this transition is going to go.  The closest thing I have done to this was going to the Dominican Republic (for a mere 4 months.. that looks like nothing now!).  The first few days I spent in the DR were very miserable.  I was homesick, I missed my family and friends, and I was not feeling good about my decision to go there.  It is amazing to me how far I have come since that time.  If you had asked me then, I never would have predicted that my life would be quite where it is.  Of course, that's probably true about most of us!  Still, I am so grateful to all the people whose influence led me here (though maybe my parents would like to have a word with you.. just kidding, they led me here, too!).

A good thing about transitions like these is that they remind me how lucky I am to have the family I do!  I love you all so much.  I am sad to leave, excited to go, and trusting about everything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment