Sunday, August 22, 2010

to serve and to love... is not easy.

I just brought Mom, Kim, and Ginger to the airport after their weekend visiting me in San Antonio.  It is moments like these that make me wonder what I am doing here.  Being separated from people I love is so hard.  It's not fun, it's not easy, it's not painless.  As my brother recently reminded me, though, moments of discomfort are those that remind us of our need for God.  When we get too comfortable, we begin to think we are indestructible.  We begin to think that we don't need anyone else in our lives!  Being in this position reminds me of how vulnerable I am and I will certainly be relying on the spirit of love working through people around me to sustain me through the next two years.

As always, we look to role models for support.... and for you, my family, a prayer to St. Joseph:
Joseph, strengthen in our family every bond of love which unites us --
the marriage bond,
the love of parent and child,
the bonds of mutual love between all.
Joseph, protect our family from every danger from without
and from every threat to peace, unity and harmony within.
Joseph, teach us to be kind and loving towards one another,
careful for one another,
tolerant of one another,
forgiving towards one another.
Joseph, may contentment with our lot and joy in each other abound in our house,
as we seek faithfully to serve and greatly to love God.


Peace and laughter,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment