Monday, November 1, 2010

home in the moment


Last week we reflected as a community on the meaning of home for each of us, and we were asked to draw some kind of image or symbol to represent that idea.  Perhaps some of you recognize pieces of this drawing!  The base image is the view from the bench on my front porch at home in Dodge.  I added the tire swing that hung from the tree outside my home in Majagual, Dominican Republic, and then I added the "F" from Cat and Becky's apartment in Omaha.  These images also represent places where I have felt completely comfortable, able to sit and enjoy the moment with people I love, to relax, to think, to talk.  They are all places where I would go at the end of the day to unwind, content that no more tasks awaited me and able to really immerse in the present moment.  My prayer for my time in Peru and for all of you is that we can all find the feeling of home in each moment of every day.  I hope we can be aware that each moment is a gift, each moment is exactly where it should be.  I have seen in my time so far that Peruvians tend to be a little better at this than me.  Life here tends to be taken in much more slowly, with less focus on the goals to be achieved and more focus on celebrating the joy of the moment.  That we all may do this a little more!

Peace and joy to you in each moment!

2 comments:

  1. Living in the moment! It is much easier to experience God when we aren't rushing and focusing on "what's next". Sometimes my heart aches in missing you but it is consoling to know you are able to be at home where you are!!! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT PICTURE.

    I've attempted about 37 sentences to follow that up with, but just keep coming back to a *sigh*.

    Ohh the beauty and simplicity of the DR...

    and of rural Nebraska...

    and of 2609 Irving Ct Apt F (well, now that I look around, maybe beauty isn't the right word...haha).

    I miss you and your homes, too.
    Love you lots, Capullito ;)

    ReplyDelete